Roasted Tomato, Sweet Date Chutney & Lentil Tart
Cooking time: 30 mins, Serves: 2
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 Egg, beaten
2 Tbsp Nana’s Sweet Date chutney, or a sweet chutney you can find in the supermarket
60g Hodmedod’s Olive Green lentils, or green lentils from the supermarket
3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced (heirloom tomatoes would work well)
Salt & pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ Lemon, squeezed
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and leave out for at least 20 mins before you want to start cooking.
- Preheat the oven, turning to 180C
- Take a round sided tin or a flat tray for you to lay the pastry on. Cut the pastry into a circle and lay on a baking sheet on the tin or tray. Take a fork and make small holes in the pastry evenly spaced with 4cm gap between each fork mark.
- Take the egg, mix in a bowl and brush over the middle of the pastry, leaving a 2cm edge. This is to make sure the pastry cooks evenly later when placing the lentils and tomatoes on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 mins
- While the pastry is cooking take a pot of water, boil on the hob and add the quinoa with a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 mins. Then take the tomatoes and thickly slice to later place on top of the tart.
- After 10 mins take the pastry out of the oven, take the date chutney and spoon out onto the middle of the pastry tart. Having covered the pastry in chutney, leaving the 2cm edge clean, spoon out the quinoa spreading evenly on top. Then arrange your tomato slices in a circle on top. Drizzle with oil and season with salt & pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 20 mins.
- When cooked bring out of the oven and squeeze half a lemon all over. Slice generously and enjoy!
Try one of our Local Pantry boxes today!
Veggie Favourites Recipe Box - Small
Our NEW Trial size Veggie Favourites Recipe Box, introducing you to the worlds’ of 3 amazing producers in 6 delicious vegetable dishes with 3 unique products!
Producers Products Included: CHIMILOVE Aji Sauce, Pastificio Carleschi Spelt Conchiglie Pasta, Kensal Provisions Happy Gut Applesauce
Marvellous Meat Recipe Box - Small
Our NEW Trial size Marvellous Meat Recipe box, inviting you to try 3 unique products from 3 passionate London based producers to make 6 flavourful meat and vegetable dishes.
Producers Products Included: Kensal Provisions Abuela’s Super Sauce, Pastificio Carleschi Emmer Mezzi Rigatoni Pasta, CHIMILOVE Chimichurri inspired Original Sauce
Summertime Fish Recipe Box - Small
Our NEW Trial size Summertime Recipe Box, brimming full with 6 delicious fish & vegetable recipes that hero the worlds of 3 producers and their tasty products!
Producers Products Included: Kensal Provisions Silk Road Oil, CHIMILOVE Mild Sauce, Hodmedod’s Smoked Quinoa